Cuando iniciamos nuestro blog o página web una de las principales razones a parte de que nos apasiona la temática, ayudar a otros compartiendo nuestra experiencia, también lo es porque queremos tener una fuente de ingresos, e incluso vivir de él; por lo tanto buscamos opciones para monetizar la página web.
Uno de los requisitos principales para que nuestro blog genere dinero es tener tráfico; y éste se consigue con contenido útil y de buena calidad. Como habrás escuchado, el contenido es el rey y a través de él lograrás la visibilidad que necesitas para que los anuncios generen dinero.
Te compartiré unas de las opciones más comunes para monetizar tu página web y generar ingresos pasivos: la publicidad.
Cómo monetizar tu página web
Before we start, let’s clarify some terms that are important to know when joining an advertising program
CPC: stands for Cost Per Click. In this type of option, you will only pay for the clicks received by the advertisements.
CTR: stands for Click Through Rate. This is obtained from the number of clicks on the ads, divided by the number of times it is shown.
CPM: It refers to Cost per thousand, the publicists will pay for every 1000 views that the ad has.
CPA: Corresponds to Payment per action. The advertiser pays for each action performed by the user (registration, purchase, etc.)
RPM: Significant income per thousand, which is the estimated earnings for every thousand impressions or visits received.
Now that we have seen these definitions, know how to monetize a website with advertising.
- The user experience is very important for you to capture the audience and readers continue to return to your page.
- Don’t overload your website or blog with a lot of advertising; put yourself in the place of how your reader will feel, even if you exaggerate you can increase the bounce rate of your website.
- Remember to have your page optimized. When you add ads or banners, this can affect the loading speed that, if not good, can harm your site in positioning.
- I recommend you not to have more than 2 platforms enabled per page; this way you can find a balance and not overload your site with so much advertising.
- Another golden rule is to never click on the ads on your website with the aim of earning more money, this can lead to penalties and suspension of your account.
- Additionally, do not place images or calls to action requesting that your ads be clicked, this is also penalized.
MediaFem is a full-featured SSP platform with over 12 years of ad monetization experience based in the United Kingdom. Several publications purchase ad codes to entice clients to read additional articles on the same page or to boost referral traffic earnings. Publishers can use the network, which is driven by a powerful prediction engine, to access tools, intelligence reports, and customization options.
MediaFem has created a set of “customized marketing” codes to ensure that all advertisements are seen by those who are truly interested in the services being advertised. Publishers can choose from a variety of formats for their products, which can be used in websites, blogs, and apps. MediaFem offers video, mobile, online, and native advertising options.